After settling on a budget and his needs, we set out to get him the most performance we could out of every dollar.
- Fractal Design Define R4 Case (white)
- Seasonic X750 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular PSU
- ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard
- Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
- Noctua NH-DH14 CPU Cooler
- Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB DDR3 1600 RAM
- HIS IceQ Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition GPU
- Samsung 840 250GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Through the side window, you’re able to see the videocard which has it’s own neat cooling fan. Notice that attention to cable management allows a clean, beautiful end build. We had to pick up Windows 7 Professional in order to allow 32GB of RAM. The OS was installed on the 250GB SSD, which should allow plenty of room for games and programs.
In the end, we did a slight overclock of the processor to 4.4GHz, which provided a pretty significant speed boost without raising the internal temperatures too much or causing the fans to become too noisy. There are additional speed controls for the fans behind the front door of the case, so the customer can easily overclock further if he so desires. All in all, the build exceeded his current needs while allowing for easy upgrades and expansions in the future, all while coming way under budget. The customer was extremely happy with the end results.
Interested in what Rocket Custom Computers can do for you? Contact us at [email protected] today and upgrade that poor old gaming computer you’ve been tolerating for far too long.